Research is the process of:
- finding a question you need to answer
- looking up basic information on the topic so you know what you need to find out
- determining keywords that will help you locate information in library catalogs, search engines, webpages, books and other resources
- identifying resources that will have information to answer your question
- evaluating whether these are sources that you can understand, that have the right information at the right complexity and are trustworthy
- writing down the citation information for your resource
- locating the information to answer your question in the resource
- figuring out when you need more information and where else to look
- figuring out the important points in your resource and recording them in note form
- taking your notes from different sources and combining them
- presenting your results to your teacher/classmates/community/the greater world.
The library is always here to help you with any part of the process!